There are many different types of hard hats available on the market, and it can be difficult to know which one is right for you. To help you make the best decision, we’ve compiled a list of the top 15 best hard hats on market. We’ve also included a buyer’s guide to help you understand the different features and benefits of each type of hard hat.
Table of Contents
What are hard hats for construction?
Hard hats are a type of personal protective equipment (PPE) that are worn by workers on construction sites. They help protect the wearer from potential injuries, such as falling objects or being struck by debris. Hard hats are required to be worn by workers in many jurisdictions, and failure to do so can result in fines or other penalties.
List of the top 15 best hard hats
Hard hats are required by law in many industries, including construction, mining, and manufacturing. They are also often worn in logging operations, warehousing, and other situations where there is a potential for head injuries. It is very important to wear a hard hat at all times when you are working on an industry site, as it can save your life in case there is an accident. the detail of each picked best hard hat as below.
There are a lot of different hard hats on the market, but which ones are the best? Here is a list of the top 15 best hard hats:
3M hard hat with H-700 Series Suspension is a full-featured, comfortable helmet that provides excellent head protection.
The 3M™ H-700 is a lightweight, comfortable and durable helmet with a highly adjustable suspension system. The construction of a helmet has been designed to provide maximum impact and penetration protection for an extensive range of applications. This product meets the requirements of ANSI Z89.1-2009 Class G, Type 1, and is suitable for use in industrial applications and other locations where high levels of head protection are required. The 3M™ H-700 Helmet is available in a variety of colors, including Hi-Vis Yellow and Orange as well as Black.
3M hard hat features:
- The suspension system incorporates exclusive patented Pressure Diffusion Technology
- A smooth, easy-turning ratchet suspension system sits low on the head to reduce pressure, helping to make the 3M™ SecureFit™ Hard Hat H-700 series a comfortable and secure hard hat option
- Works with a variety of 3M face shields, earmuffs, and other accessories.
The MSA Skullgard Hard Hat is designed for safety and comfort. It has a low profile design that provides a wide range of visibility, even in confined spaces. It has a fiberglass shell, polyethylene base and suspension system. This hard hat meets ANSI Z89.1-2009, Class E: impact resistance requirements.
The MSA Skullgard Hard Hat is ideal for workers who need to wear hard hats on a daily basis as part of their job. They’re comfortable and lightweight, which means they won’t weigh down your head or cause headaches after long periods of wear. You’ll also appreciate the fact that they’re easy to clean with soap and water or disinfectant wipes since they don’t collect dust as much as other types of helmets do.
The MSA Skullgard Hard Hat comes with accessories such as an adjustable chin strap and rubberized ear flaps to protect your ears from wind noise or other sounds while you’re wearing it. The chin strap helps ensure that your hard hat stays on securely during any activity or action that could potentially knock it off your head without being secured properly (such as running).
MSA hard hat features:
- Lightweight Nomex® protective fabric offers flame resistance up to 2500°F (1371°C) for 2 minutes
- Intended for use in environments where flammable liquids, gases, or dust are present;
- suitable for use in atmospheres containing combustible metal fumes when used with appropriate respiratory equipment (NIOSH approved)
The MSA V-gard hard hat cap style is a new, innovative design that was developed in collaboration with one of the leading hard hat manufacturers in the world, DBI Sala. The V-gard cap style combines a traditional hard hat shell with an integrated visor. This design provides all of the protection of a full cap style helmet while also allowing you to see your work area more clearly.
The visor has been tested and certified by both ANSI Z89 and CSA Z94 standards to be impact resistant. It can withstand impacts up to 10 ft (3 m) above the ground without deforming or breaking. To prevent fogging, it is treated with an anti-fog coating on both sides of the lens.
MSA V guard hard hat features:
- Lightweight polypropylene shell
- Non-conductive outer shell
- Unique design that offers better impact protection than traditional hard hats
- Adjustable suspension band fits head sizes up to 7 inches
The Dax Carbon Fiber hard hat by Lift Safety is an extremely lightweight, high performance helmet designed for use in the work place. This hard hat features a dual density, multi-impact liner that provides protection from single impacts as well as multiple impacts. The Dax Carbon Fiber hard hat by Lift Safety has a 1/4″ thick polystyrene shell with a 1″ thick carbon fiber shell on top of it. The Dax Carbon Fiber hard hat by Lift Safety is ANSI Z89.1-2009 certified and meets or exceeds all applicable standards and requirements.
The Dax Carbon Fiber hard hat by Lift Safety weighs only 2 lbs., making it the lightest available work helmet on the market today. It also comes standard with an anti-microbial liner and sweatband for added comfort and hygiene. The Dax Carbon Fiber hard hat by Lift Safety is made in the U.S.A.
The Dax hard hat has a ratchet suspension system that makes it easy to adjust the fit of your hard hat so that it stays securely on your head at all times while still being comfortable enough to wear all day long without getting headaches or migraines from wearing it too tightly on top of your head like some other hard hats can do if they’re not properly adjusted before putting them on each morning when working out in the field.
Dax Carbon Fiber Safety Hard Hat Features:
- Carbon fiber shell construction provides lightweight protection
- Dual-density foam liner with chin strap for added comfort and stability
- Meets ANSI Z89.1-2009 Type I, Class E requirements for impact protection
- Meets CSA standard
The Malta Dynamics Full Brim Style Hard Hat is a great addition to the construction site. The hard hat offers full brim style and is lightweight. It comes in various colors, including white, yellow and orange, and it can be customized with your company logo. The hard hat meets ANSI Z89.1-2009 standards, which means it can protect you from falling objects and other accidents at work. It also has a low profile design that makes it easy for you to move around without getting in your way or causing discomfort when wearing it.
The Malta Hard Hat is made of high-quality materials that are sturdy and long-lasting. You can wear this hard hat for years without worrying about it breaking down or becoming damaged by constant use. This product also has an adjustable suspension system that makes it easy for you to adjust its fit so it will fit comfortably on your head without slipping off or moving around while you work. The brim provides extra protection from sunlight and rain so you don’t have to worry about being affected by these elements while working outdoors in all types of weather conditions
Malta Dynamics Full Brim Style Hard Hat Features:
- 1/4″ Thick Polycarbonate Construction
- Hard Hat Design For Protection From Falling Objects And Impact
- Full Brim For Protection From Falling Objects And Electrical Shock
The Honeywell Hard Hat Matterhorn A89 is a great hard hat for workers who need to protect their heads from falling objects and other impacts. It’s rated to withstand up to 50 pounds of force, which means it can handle impacts that cause minor head trauma.
The Honeywell Hard Hat Matterhorn A89 is designed for comfort, thanks to its lightweight design and adjustable headband. The headband can be adjusted for a customized fit, and the low-profile design makes it easier to wear than many other hard hats.
This hard hat has an ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014 Type 1 rating, which means it has been certified by an independent testing lab as being compliant with all current safety standards for industrial head protection equipment. This means that the Matterhorn A89 should keep your head safe in most workplace environments.
Honeywell Safety Hard Hat Matterhorn A89 Features:
- HDPE outer shell is grooved for rigidity.
- Rain trough and accessory slots.
- Choice of quick fit or ratchet suspensions, both with forehead comfort band and crown pad for optimal comfort.
- Suspensions feature a 4-point nylon web cradle with three-level height adjustment.
- Meets ANSI Z89.1-2009 and CSA Z94.1-2005 Type 2 Class E.
The JSP Evo3 Ultimate Hard Hat is the latest model to come out of the JSP range. It’s a lightweight hard hat that uses the latest technology to provide you with great protection.
The headband on this hard hat is made of a soft, padded and breathable material that will keep your head cool and comfortable. The headband also has an adjustable ratchet system which allows you to adjust it to fit your head perfectly.
The shell on this hard hat is made from a high-quality fibre glass material which provides excellent protection against impacts and sharp objects. The shell also features an impact-resistant coating for added protection, as well as a moulded visor for extra safety when working in bright sunlight conditions.
This hard hat has been designed for use by professional tradesmen who require high levels of safety when working on building sites or other hazardous environments such as warehouses and factories.
JSP Evo3 hard hat features:
- Conforms to EN 397 industrial helmet standard
- Industrial safety helmet
- Tough HDPE shell
- Precision fit with unique 1-2-3 point harness depth adjustment
- Revolution® Wheel Ratchet
The Pyramex Ridgeline Cap Style Hard Hat is an affordable, high quality hard hat that’s perfect for any job site. It has a wide top and brim to help keep you cool and protect your head. This hard hat can also be worn with masks or face shields, making it versatile and useful in many different situations.
The Pyramex Hard Hat is made from an ABS plastic shell that provides durability even in the harshest environments. It also has a 4-point suspension system that ensures a snug fit on your head at all times to protect against bumps and bruises.
This hard hat features a ratchet suspension system so you can easily adjust the fit of the cap style hard hat to ensure it will stay securely in place no matter what type of work you’re doing on the job site. This is a great feature because it allows you to customize how tight or loose the cap style hard hat feels on your head so that it doesn’t move around while you’re performing other tasks or working with tools like drills or saws.
Pyramex Ridgeline Cap Style Safety Hard Hat Features:
- ABS material — Strong, yet ultra-light for seemingly weightless protection
- Low profile design — Offers a low center of gravity for better balance
- Rear padded suspension — Provides an additional level of comfort on the wearers’ neck
- 4-position harness points — Allows you to move the harness forward, backward, up, or down – allowing for the most optimal position for ultimate comfort
- Replaceable sweatband — Padded fabric and polyurethane foam for all-day wear
- Vented pressure pad — Keeps the straps in place providing an additional level of comfort
- Easy to grasp knob — Adjusts the suspension from 6 1/2 to 8
- Swinging hinge points — Allows you to find the most comfortable position on the back of your head
- Universal accessory slots
The Northern Safety Power Shell® II Hard Hat is a lightweight, durable hard hat. The shell is made of polyethylene and the suspension system is made of polyurethane foam. This helps absorb impact and reduce the risk of head injury.
The Northern Safety hard hat has also been designed with an adjustable fit and comfort features. The ratchet suspension allows you to adjust the height of your hard hat, while the chin strap allows you to secure it to your head so it doesn’t fall off in case of an accident or other emergency situation.
This hard hat comes with an ANSI Z89.1-2014 certification (Class E) which means that it meets the standards set by the American National Standards Institute for protection against impact and penetration hazards.
Northern Safety Power Shell® II Hard Hat Features:
- Lightweight, yet rugged high-density polyethylene construction provides excellent protection and comfortable wear
- Comfortable, 4-point suspension with vertical height adjustment assures a personal, secure fit
- Moisture-wicking, polyester brow pad helps keep sweat out of the wearer’s face
- Features accessory slots for attaching earmuffs and face shields
- Includes Flex-Gear® ratchet suspension that bends at flex points to conform to the worker’s head for added comfort
- Complies with ANSI Z89.1-2009, Type I, Class E, and G standards
Anbu Hard Hat is a lightweight and durable hard hat that is ideal for construction workers. It has a crushable construction that makes it extremely comfortable to wear, even when you are working in difficult conditions. This hard hat offers maximum protection to the head, face and neck of the user. It can be worn with the standard ANSI Z89.1-2009 certification and EN397 label on the front side.
The headband of this hard hat is made from polypropylene webbing material that makes it very durable and resistant to chemical agents. The rear of this helmet has an adjustable ratchet suspension system that allows you to easily adjust its size for a perfect fit. The inner lining of this helmet has been treated with an anti-bacterial agent that prevents odors from accumulating inside it after prolonged use by one person.
Anbu Hard Hat Features:
- Shell Material: ABS/HDPE
- Standard: CE EN 397
- Inner: 6 points suspension plastic with sweatbands Chin Strap
- Color: Difference colors available
11. Fibre-Metal Pipeliner Hard Hat
This Fibre-Metal Pipeliner Hard Hat has been designed for use by workers in the construction industry who are required to wear protective headgear as part of their job.
- Durable polyethylene shell with an adjustable ratchet suspension system – Fits workers from 22″ to 26 3/4″ (56cm – 68cm) circumference
- A water drainage system helps keep you cool and dry in hot environments
The Bullard Classic Series Cap Style Hard Hat is a great addition to any tool belt, service cart or tool box. It has a classic design that makes it ideal for any job site or industry. This hard hat features an adjustable ratchet suspension system that allows you to quickly adjust the fit of the helmet with just one hand. This makes it easy to get on and off in a hurry if needed. The Classic Series cap style hard hat also comes with an ANSI Z89.1-2003 certified suspension system that provides protection from falling objects up to 6 feet in height. This hard hat meets or exceeds all OSHA and ANSI standards for safety and durability.
- Classic cap style construction
- Ratchet adjustment system (fast adjustment)
- ANSI Z89.1-2003 certified suspension system (protects against falling objects up to 6 feet in height)
- Hard hat made with polycarbonate shell
- Adjustable ratcheting suspension
- One size fits most
- The high-quality design makes it ideal for use in various industrial applications
- Adjustable suspension allows you to get the perfect fit
- Fiberglass shell provides protection against falling objects and heat
- Flexible Nylex inner lining wicks away moisture to keep your head cool
The Pyramex Safety SL Series Hard Hat features
- Low profile design
- Tested and marked for reverse donning
- Shell constructed from High-Density Polyethylene materials
- Rain trough on the sides and back of the helmet channel moisture away
- Soft brow pad is replaceable. Replaceable suspensions and headbands are also available
- Snap Lock suspension features “tuck away” adjustments for all-day, hassle-free wear
- Ratchet suspension is easy to adjust and allows the wearer to modify the fit while wearing a hard hat
- Universal accessory slots fit cap-mounted ear muffs and accessories. Hats also accommodate chin straps
- Testing: Impact, Penetration, Flammability, Electrical Insulation, Marking & Humidity
Hard hat function and specification
The hard hat is an important tool for construction workers to protect themselves from falling objects and other dangerous situations caused by their work. We provide you with several types of hard hat for your choice.
Hard Hat application
Hard Hat specification
Size: Free size
Color: different color avilable
Logo: Print client logo
MOQ: 500 pcs
Delivery: 30 days by sea
What is the standard of hard hat?
The EN397 standard is the international standard for helmets used in work activities. It was developed by CEN (European Committee for Standardization), and is harmonized with Australian, Canadian and U.S. standards.The standard defines the requirements for head protection, including hard hats and helmets.
The ANSI Z89.1-2007 standard specifies requirements for head protection and selection. This standard applies to all industrial personnel who are exposed to potential head injuries by objects falling from above or by contact with a fixed or moving object, such as but not limited to, equipment, tools or parts of machinery. The standard also applies to workers exposed to electric shock hazards.
What are the types and classes of hard hats?
There are many types and classes of hard hats available on the market, but not all hard hats are created equal. When looking for the best hard hat for your needs, you’ll want to consider the type of hard hat, the suspension system, and the comfort level.
Type I hard hats are designed for general work environments where there is a potential for head injuries from falling objects. Type II hard hats offer more protection from electrical hazards and are required in certain industries. Type III hard hats provide additional protection from electrical hazards and are also recommended for certain industries that require more than just a Type II hard hat.
The most common type of hard hat is Type I, which provides protection from falling objects like tools or debris. The Class E hard hat designation indicates that it meets electrical requirements as well as other standards set forth by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration).
Is it necessary to use a hard hat in construction?
In construction site, it is very important to protect the head from injury. The most common type of head injury is a concussion. A concussion can occur when something hits the head or when the head hits something else. This can be a hard hat, but it can also be the floor or even a falling object.
Hard hats are designed to protect your head from falling and serious injury by absorbing some of the impact energy caused by a blow to your head. They are not designed to prevent all brain injuries. If you get hit hard enough in the head, you will still suffer brain damage or even death.
In general, construction workers should wear hard hats at all times when they are working on a job site where there is any risk of falling objects or electrical shock.
What is the hard hat made of?
The hard hat is made of two parts: the outer shell, which is typically made from ABS plastic or PE (polyethylene), and the hard hat suspension, which is usually made from EPS (expanded polystyrene). The outer shell protects against impact, while the inner liner absorbs impact.
ABS plastic is a durable thermoplastic that also provides resistance to chemicals and ultraviolet radiation. It’s primarily used in manufacturing, but it can also be recycled. It’s a common material used for making toys and other recreational products.
PE (polyethylene) is also used in manufacturing and industry because it’s lightweight, strong, and easy to mold into different shapes. It’s also resistant to cracking and tearing. Polyethylene can be recycled when it’s no longer needed by the manufacturer or if it has been damaged beyond repair.
When do I need to replace my hard hat?
What do the colors of hard hats mean?
The hard hat color is there to warn people about the type of hazard that could occur if you’re working in that area.
Orange: This is the most common color for construction hard hats. It indicates that there’s a potential for electrical hazards in the area, such as exposed wires or live equipment.
Yellow: Yellow is used for both electrical and chemical hazards, so if you see a yellow hard hat, be careful! If the hat has a stripe around it, it means you’ll find both types of hazards in that area.
Green: Green is used to indicate biological hazards like lead, asbestos, and mold spores (which could get kicked up into the air).
Blue: Blue indicates physical hazards like falling objects or impacts from above (like falling objects).
What to consider when choosing the best hard hats?
Where to buy a hard hat?
The best place to buy your hard hat is from an official distributor. Each hard hat manufacturer has different distributors, but they are usually listed on the manufacturers’ websites.
If you can’t find your hard hat brand’s distributor, then an online retailer like Amazon or eBay may be the next best option. However, keep in mind that you will likely pay more for your head protection if you purchase it online rather than through an authorized dealer.
Finally, if you need to buy a hard hat immediately and can’t wait for shipping, try looking at local hardware stores or home improvement centers that carry safety equipment like helmets and protective gear.
The hard hat is one of the most revolutionary products in history. Since it was invented it has saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of people who would otherwise have been killed by falling objects or severely injured in construction accidents. As we move further into our technologically advanced future I expect to see these hard hats become lighter, more comfortable, and eventually connected to control where they move so as to prevent injuries 99.9% of the time.